This blog hasnt been updated nearly as well as I would have liked. I blame this in part to a grueling work schedule and to the reality of being married with two small children. Part of it is the fact that I do alot of web surfing on my IPad, and typing on it can be pretty cumbersome. I enjoy writing and blogging so hopefully I can find more time to update the gazette. I also write for technocrati and i need to start producing before I get my rights revoked. ={
If you know me, then you know I am a big NFL fan. In the fall I eat sleep and live NFL football like it is nobodies business. The recent lockout has kept alot of fans (myself included) on pins and needles. I think it has been so built up at this point that if they lose this season it will be a hard recovery. The NFL is currently the nations most popular sport - and beyond that it is a cash cow for both players and owners. It is the only sport that has not only survived but actually thrived in the so=called long tail economy. In a long tail economy and due to the internetz, peoples interests and desires are only a click away. Ie if I love wiffle ball, or beer pong, or hot dog eating contests there is probably a whole cult segment presence on the web that ultimately takes away from the interest shown in other sports.
It is due to this fact that if the NFL does have a lockout - or even half a season, then it will be game over for both the players and the owners.
No comments:
Post a Comment